Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reference Document area reworked
For consistency and other reasons, I redid the reference document area so that the documents display as flip books like the lessons do. A major difference is access to a 'print' icon on the reference documents so they can be printed. This icon is not on the lessons to discourage theft of the lesson material. I've become a bit concerned about this since I've become aware of pirated copies of my books in PDF format in our caller community.

It is for this reason I pulled down the 'Double Deal' on my website and will soon pull down access to PDF copies of the books as well. I feel bad for the honest members of our community. It is none the less very disturbing that some of our callers seem to think honesty and integrity is unimportant.
Kip Garvey
(04-30-2018, 11:18 PM)kgarvey Wrote: For consistency and other reasons, I redid the reference document area so that the documents display as flip books like the lessons do. A major difference is access to a 'print' icon on the reference documents so they can be printed. This icon is not on the lessons to discourage theft of the lesson material. I've become a bit concerned about this since I've become aware of pirated copies of my books in PDF format in our caller community.

It is for this reason I pulled down the 'Double Deal' on my website and will soon pull down access to PDF copies of the books as well. I feel bad for the honest members of our community. It is none the less very disturbing that some of our callers seem to think honesty and integrity is unimportant.

That is too bad Kip.  I have a print copy of your book, but the ability to read it online as well as the ability to print from online to paper is a really helpful.  :Sad   Im sorry about the Pirating.  People should be compensating you for the work you put into this material and additionally people tend to value what they pay for.  I personally dont care for the flip book style of reading material  and such things as modules are nice to print out and put in a workbook.  Oh well.
Regina, there is plenty of supplemental material that I have already provided for our fellow callers in the Resource Material section of the website. These documents I think in some cases are more important than the Lesson texts available. Please don't overlook this resource.

I appreciate your comments and I also appreciate how valuable it can be to have all of this information readily available to all callers. Unfortunately, there are more than several callers that believe for whatever reasons that all this information is 'public domain' and should be theirs just because they want it. This attitude is not tolerated in any other profession.
Kip Garvey